Sunday, December 30, 2007

Tattoos

A.D. and I are both fond of henna tattoos. To celebrate tattoo art, we decided that Alabaster should sport unique tattoos.
.
From shoulder to shoulder, you can see the beginning of Alabaster's henna inspired tattoos. ScaryMary has promised to help with more body art for him. How to interpret nineteenth century fairy tales into twenty-first century art is always a challenge.
.
In planning the beginning of his tattoo work, MiniRoses and I selected this pattern which would place a heart in the center of Alabaster's shoulder blades. In contemplating the design, I said, "But, no one will see it. It will always be covered; I have many jackets planned for him." MiniRoses replied, "That is not the point. She will see it. When he takes off his shirt, Orchid will see it. That is the point." I said, "Ohhhh."