Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Strange Dolls



I've been waiting a long time to introduce you to Beth Robinson; too long in fact. I'm forced once again to apologize for being so far behind in my posting and in disseminating the information that I've promised to some of you.
.
I love everything about Beth Robinson. I love her orderly site, I love her nasty sharp little scissors, I love her gratitude for her many fans. And, of course, I love her strange dolls.
.
If you are squeamish, do not look. They are carefully made and magnificently strange. They are not for your average person. And, thank goodness they're not, because there are not enough of them to go around. In fact, you will probably have to get in line behind Orchid. I've told you that she has a doll collection of her own, right?
.
The photograph that you see here is from Beth's 'Broken Hearts' series from this past St.Valentine's day. How could I not love this? With hearts as one of my signatures, I was mad crazy for these pieces. I'm going to ask Beth to always keep one of the 'Hearts' series out there, so that you can always see at least one; they were pure genius.
.
Beth is a very serious, very busy, full-time artist. Her work, fortunately, is highly in demand. All of it is one of a kind. If you see it, and you love it, buy it. One of a kind means exactly that: one.

Visit www.strangedolls.net . Try to snag one of these creatures for your very own. Be sure to look for her map so you can sign it.