Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Bird's Nests


As many of you know, Orchid is often away from home for long stretches of time. She's at the photographer's studio, she's out on exhibition, she travels with us, she's away.
.
In order to bring her back safely and to protect her while she's gone, I do what's in my power: I use charms.
.
Often Orchid travels with one or more keys to Fairyland. Since Little Cow Harbor is a fairyland, it simply wouldn't be fitting if she were to leave her home, here, without one. For the latest in charms, I've concocted bird's nests. They are tiny wire wonders wire-worked with genuine pearls designed to remind one of the fact that Dorothy learned the hard way: that there is indeed "no place like home".
.
I am sending a handful of Orchid's latest charm, the bird's nest, to Val Zeitler for incorporation into her designs. Be sure to ask for them at the BJD Convention this September 2008. For more information on the convention visit: http://www.bjdtexas.com/