Tuesday, January 3, 2012

For Lauren


You can see a relationship of the size of the dolls here.
My dog, Edgar, accompanies me sometimes to car shows.
Chloe is roughly the same size as Edgar.

Baby Chloe is on the tiny end of the spectrum.
She is approximately 12cm in size.

We spoke of 'beginning with Play Doh' but I do not think that we spoke of why I continue to create.
Participation in a UFDC show brings recognition of the hard work of many artists.
 It is nice to know that someone appreciates the work.
However, the truth is:  I would continue to make the dolls no matter what.
Locked in an ivory tower, I would still create them.
 I have always beaded, worked in sparkling glass, created lovely tiny dresses.  It is what I do.
I am proud that others appreciate it.

Each day I work with others who are equally as passionate and who are tremendously talented.
It is a great honor to work with my fellow doll artists.
Fine doll art is a very demanding international sport.
We happily keep each other going and we cheer each other up and on.

At UFDC shows we are able to share the fruits of our passion with the public.
The UFDC, the United Federation of Doll Clubs, is the largest doll collecting society in the United States.  It is a recognized non-profit organization dedicated to preserving and sharing the history of the dolls.  Information on the UFDC can be found here.  If a person wishes to join and there is not a convenient chapter club located near them, they can join as a member at large.
The UFDC publishes its own doll magazine which is available to members.
In addition to individual club shows,  the UFDC holds one annual convention.
The 36th Annual Doll Fanciers Show will be held on
Sunday, January 22, 2012
10 a.m.  to  4 p.m.
at the Sheraton Long Island Hotel
Please come to see Chloe as "The Little Mermaid".
Wish her well.
She has been entered into the UFDC Doll Fanciers competition.