Sunday, March 30, 2014

For the Fridge

“If you believe that even in worst moments, when I am irritated, distressed, or even plainly unattractive, in physical pain, that I am flawless, how will you ever truly appreciate me at my best? You say that you are not trying to flatter me, and that you truthfully think that I will always be beautiful… however there is no detachment from when you see me in some unsightly state and when I dress up for a ball. There is no thrill in that, and it worries me that I will tire you with what you praise as my apparent beauty, if such a thing stays so unchanged, it becomes monotonous and eventually unnoticeable.
I want to be an ever-evolving companion to you, not just a framed portrait that you had once adored, and yet you may continue to walk past this painting several times a day, it soon becomes as ordinary as wallpaper - it is a forgotten item, lost amid other worldly possessions.


Celestial Dynasty.