Tuesday, April 10, 2007

From Near to Far


And Here to There
Funny Things
Are Everywhere!
- Dr. Seuss

After spending better than a combined half-century in America's financial industries and with the two of us never having consulted for anything less than Fortune 200, my husband and I feel over-qualified to judge a bank; any bank. This is about our favorite bank.
.
We have both agreed that there is nothing wrong with judging an institution by its pens and its monkey. The plastic pens suck; the coconut monkey rules. The coin arcade, one of the numerous free services, is a great secret. It's worth bringing your piggy bank there just to get the bank's signature red cherry lollipops.
.
Welcome to the Monkey House, Commerce Bank. We love you!

.
P.S. Before you send me stupid notes asking me why I carried the monkey to the bank, let me tell you: I didn't; the funny coconut monkey was already at the bank. Don't blame me for the monkey, that's all I know about it, I didn't make it, I have nothing to do with it.