Thursday, June 3, 2021

Lulu's Corset

 So, it is time for  another fireside chat.  Brew your tea and snuggle in with me to talk about, well, corsets. (And, picky people in Fairyland.)  It has been rather cold here this spring in Little Cow Harbor.  The King and I (Wasn't that a musical?) have had the heat on.  Put your feet up and I will tell you about Beryls and corsets.

Beryls are picky.  If you want to live with one, you need to be prepared for the fact that they are Soom royalty and they expect (and demand!) to be treated like princesses. Some people can handle that and, well, some people cannot.  I am pretty good at keeping people satisfied in Fairyland; right now it is quiet here and everyone is sipping their tea and reading their books. The King recently asked, "Why do the dolls need books?" To which I replied, "To keep them quiet." I like my people to be very quiet.

Which leads me to Sophie. Queen Fishcake and I call her, lovingly, "Sophie Cushion".  Sophie Cushion must be the most impossible, hardest to handle, Beryl on the planet.  Sophie Cushion managed to get herself ousted from Little Cow Harbor. (That is a difficult, but not impossible, feat to do.) Sophie wanted absolutely everything; no matter who had it, she thought she could take it. Sophie is an SDink Beryl, need I say more?  I consider myself very generous as a queen.  Sophie pushed me to the limit and I ousted her.  As Queen Luckyl and I would say, "Sayonara Keemo Sabe!"  Let's just say, Queen Fishcake has a lot more patience than I do. 

Now we can talk about Lulu.  Who did Lulu's make-up has been lost to the mists of time. However, she is very lovely.  Other than a spat over hair, we have been getting along fine.  Today I have finished Lulu's corset.  Her corset is flip flop orange pink dupioni silk lined with cream silk charmeuse.  There are pink swarovski crystals on the bow.  The lavender beaded loops are vintage Japanese seed beads from Queen Jeanne's stash.  There is a silver key to Fairyland attached to the corset so that Lulu can always find her way back home.

The corset took me two days to make.  People always say that the things that come from Little Cow Harbor  always look like fairies made them.  The truth is, I work my fingers to the  bone trying to keep people like the Beryls happy and the elves (the place is infested with elves) lay around and drink tea and read books. (Now if only the elves would clean!)

Lulu is very happy with her corset and I am very happy that she is happy.  Mutually shared happiness is a very good thing.

Which brings me to my next point. I was thinking of making more corsets.  But would anyone other than the Beryls here want one? I have a sneaking suspicion Lulu would want them all...

You may have to click on the image to view the corset.  Forgive me if the lighting is just not the best.