Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Body & Soul

The artists' reception for Body&Soul was held on Sunday afternoon, June 10th. In true Little Cow Harbor style, I did try to contact as many of you as possible, by phone or by email, and invite you to join us. With two stories of lovely fine art to peruse and truly great company to peruse it with, you know I'm not lying when I tell you it was a 'good time had by all'.
.
However, some of the 'good time' can still be experienced by you. For those of you who wish to wander and admire by yourself or, by all means, with friends, the exhibit is on until June 30th. So, you have until the end of the month to see it.
For more information visit www.licg.org .
.
Should you go to the exhibit, be sure to view my favorite piece: 'Winged Victory'. It is on the bottom shelf of the right hand display case from when you walk through the door. Alice Sprintzen outdid herself and I am overcome with love for this piece. I will only tell you that it is jewelry and that I do hope you go see it. In my opinion, to see this creation alone, it is worth the trip.
.
Orchid was indeed present at the reception on Sunday afternoon. She was wearing the golden gown which you see in the photograph. Orchid met with the island's MasterMetalsmith and we discussed her future jewelry, the myriad of techniques available, and the glorious possibilities including hand forged sterling silver crowns.
.