Friday, July 20, 2007

Sweet Days of Summer


"The jasmine's in bloom


July is dressed up


and playing her tune.


I come home


from a hard day's work


and you're waiting there.


Not a care in the world."




- Seals and Crofts


.


This summer finds us completely engrossed in characterization. Seemingly endless daydream-like discussions coalesce into a sketch; lines form the boundaries of a figure. After literally endless hours, I can say endless because the hours haven't ended yet, the sketch turns to form. Body will soon, with a little forcing, and cajoling and coercing, meet soul.




It's been a long time, another hard go; we've been working on a million things at once. The 'final' original, to the left, was thoughtfully provided and beautifully rendered by A.D.; I have gotten permission of theMomma to share it with you. I say the pants are jeans; A.D. had something more European in mind.




Since he'll wear the pants in the family, I guess they can be whatever he wants.