Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Beyond Natty Boots


"Well, even the brightest star won't shine forever.


But, all of the hands I've played are working out right.


And, every move I've made feels like a winner.


There's something in the air.


Maybe for the only time in my life,


Something in the air


Turning me around and guiding me right.


- Alan Parson's Project


.


"Ohmygod." That's all I could say when I opened the package. Originating in Korea, I missed snagging these magnificent 'Orchidworthy' boots for Orchid when they were in Colorado. Finally, after many hours and months of chasing: they were shipped out from Arkansas.


.


The work on them is simply incredible. Pictures truly do not do them justice. They are comprised of a multitude of tiny individually stitched straps laced with a fine silver chain. Even the shine on the high, unusually sculpted sole is better in person.


.


In the photo, Orchid is wearing her new 'skull leggings' which I made for her in anticipation of the wonderful present which A.D. has promised her: a new coat sporting genuine bone skulls. One needs matching pants for such a coat, don't you think?


.