Saturday, March 29, 2008

Thank You Jericho

Thank you for loving Orchid so much that you so couldn't wait to her back that you invited me to be the three dimensional artist for National Library Month.
.
For anyone who missed Orchid and her nightingale when she participated in the LICG Fiber Exhibit this past November at Jericho, this is a photograph by Richard Gardner showing what she wore. Her Chinese pink brocade glass encrusted gown is very hard to capture; it took me a year and a half to complete it. Orchid was created by A.D. and myself to be seen in person, the fact that she looks good in photographs is merely incidental. For more of Richard's photographs visit, http://www.richardgardnerphotography.com/.
.
Orchid returns to Jericho this April 2008 where she will get proposed to for the first time by Alabaster. Should he not be able to catch her this time at Jericho, he will get a chance again in October 2008 at Harborfields as the Frog Prince. And, yes, he'll try yet again in January 2009. Alabaster is good looking and persistent.
.
It's not everyday that this girl might get engaged. And certainly it's not everyday that a doll gets engaged. I do hope you can make it; anytime the library is open during the entire month of April. We had a great deal of fun putting this exhibit together; I hope you have a great deal of fun viewing it.
.
The exhibit will be a reasonably large one on the main floor of the library. There are no stairs or elevators required. The library is easy to find. It is pretty much one block east of 106/107 off Jericho. I'm sorry for anyone who looks forward to such things that I did not plan an artists' reception, but, I just didn't. If you would like me to meet you at the library, I am willing to do that. For directions or library information visit, www.jericholibrary.org .