Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Twilight


My favorite time of day is twilight.
.
This weekend, while at a party, a friend said, "Have you read Twilight yet?" I said, "You know, I don't think so. Why?"
.
She said, "Ohmygod. You know how I read nothing?" I said, "Yes." She said, "Well, I found out that the whole world is reading this series of books. And they love them. Simply everyone just loves these books. So, I bought the first one, which is called Twilight. Ohmygod. It was so good. I couldn't put it down. I read it in three days." I laughed.
.
She said, "But you know why you have to read it? Other than of course it's about vampires and you would love it?" I said, "Why?" She said, "Because the main character is Alabaster." I said, "What??!?" She said, "I know. It sounds crazy, right? But, it's Alabaster. I can't give away the book, but the main character is exactly like him. That's why I liked the book. You know how I like Alabaster." She said, "His eyes change color and everything. He's got Alabaster's eyes. He looks like Alabaster. I'm telling you: the book is about Alabaster. You simply must read it."
.
I ordered Twilight from the library. Our library has five copies. All of them were checked out.