Monday, October 20, 2008

My Blueberry Nights

Filmed on location and geographically spanning a smorgasboard of modern day American cities: New York, New York; Memphis, Tennessee; Las Vegas, Nevada. The film was a visual treat that I was sorry to see end.
.
I loved the camera angles. I loved the colors. I loved the storyline. But then, as my friends tell me often, I'm sappy.
.
I loved the music; I've put the soundtrack on my wish list.
.
I loved the relentless optimism of its heroine. She has the attitude of myself and MyBestFriend. MyBestFriend often says, "You know the whole thing about the glass? How you and I say we never understand that? That to us, the glass is always half full?" I, of course, say, "Yes." She said, "Well, now I've got one better." I'd said, "How does it get better than that?" She said, "I'm just happy to have the glass."

Watch this upbeat movie. Be happy you have the glass.
.