Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What's in the Box

That was the question uppermost in our postal attendant's mind as he carried this from the back storage room and presented it to us to sign for.
.
"What is in this box? You'll tell me, right? It looks like it's the original box to something and that something is huge. And expensive; it's insured for a shitload of money. It's an unusual size. It's got customs stickers all over it. But, it was shipped from within the United States. And you can't even tell where it originally came from, the language is unintelligible. You guys will tell me right?? WHAT is in THIS BOX ????!!!"
.
MyHusband and I laughed. We all laughed. He said to me, "Go ahead. Tell him what you people invested in now." I said, "It's a miniature mannequin. It came from originally South Korea and just now from Maryland."
.
I said, "We make them. We've decided to use one that someone else has made. This one will be used in exhibition in 2009 and 2010. If you would like to see some of ours, they are on display now, up the road in Greenlawn, at http://www.harborfieldslibrary.org/ ."
.
I'll have to remember to ask him, next time I see him when I mail something, if he did indeed get to visit Orchid and Alabaster on his lunch break.

To find out what's NOT in the box and, in the future, more about what IS, visit: http://catcara.livejournal.com Join the LiveJournal and befriend me. What's in the box is really more friendship...