Sunday, January 2, 2011

Clink Me !


Whoooo hoooo! Celebrating five years on the Internet!  A special thank you to all of you who are 'still with me'.  I am grateful to each and every one of you who has told me how much you love "Orchid's Blog".  I am always completely thrilled when you tell me that you made the pilgrimage to one of the shows.  Have I told you that while she was at this summer's Hamptons' show, Cindi Lauper  acquired one of our large fine art doll photographs?  She did, indeed.  Yes, the greatest compliment is when you actually desire a piece of the art. The photograph is to hang here: http://www.intergenerational.org/truecolors.php as part of her "True Colors Project" .
.
I do apologize for the fact that there still seems to be an 'in crowd' and an 'out crowd'.  The 'in crowd' understands perfectly well almost everything which goes on.  The 'out crowd' stands around and says, 'WTF? WTF?'  I have not yet figured out how to 'rectify this'.  The 'in crowd' has flat out told me, "But that is the great fun.  There is an 'in crowd'!  We read everything.  We know everything.  We get everything!"   There is also a 'whole bunch of "we's" ' who work on the dolls.  I do not create beautiful dolls 'single handedly'. Hmmmm, yes, I am sorry for the confusion.  If i can 'fix it', I will.  For the moment, I do all the shows that I can, I 'write' all that I can to try to keep you on the same page and yes, I am even sculpting all that I can.  But, that is a story for another day.
.
This year will be a very exciting, very busy, year in Little Cow Harbor.  I look forward to continuing to keep up with you on LiveJournal and I will continue to walk my dog around town.  If you can find my dog, you can find me.  It is the twenty-first century and I am completely amazed that Russians 'know my dog'.
.                                                                        
This is a quick reminder that the UFDC Doll Fanciers' show is coming up shortly.  Yes, a couple of my very beautiful horses will be there.  Edge had gone westward to California for his final grooming and has safely returned.  He is more lovely than ever.  When you view the competition, please remember that you will be seeing very rare horses straight from this Fairyland. Indeed, they are surely not like any regular horses you have ever seen in your life.  The show is at the end of January.  See the 'Calendar' on here for more details.
.